PHILADELPHIA – The Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) volleyball team (9-7, 4-3 CACC) dropped a CACC match at Chestnut Hill (8-7, 5-2 CACC), 3-1 on Tuesday night.
The Griffins jumped out to a 6-2 lead in the opening set. They did not trail in the frame and came away with a 25-12 victory. In the second, the Rams had an 12-11 advantage. However, Chestnut Hill rallied for a 10-2 run and a 21-14 lead. The Griffins would go on to take the set, 25-18.
Jefferson started strong in the third, going ahead 5-1. With CHC within three (15-12), the Rams went on a 10-4 run to stay alive in the match, 25-16. In the fourth, the score was tied at 15. Chestnut Hill took control with an 8-1 stretch, going in front 23-16. Jefferson closed to within three but the Griffins clinched the match with a 25-21 decision.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Senior Ariana Rosario tallied a team-high 12 kills with junior Abigail Kress adding 10. Kress also had nine digs and four blocks.
- Juniors Logan Dontell and Lauren Kloos notched 10 and eight kills respectively. Kloos registered 11 digs and Dontell made seven blocks.
- Sophomore Molly Hand totaled 38 assists.
- Senior Alexis Leddy and junior Caitlin Crespo recorded 18 and six digs respectively.
- Leddy moved into fourth place on the program's all-time digs list with 1,346.
- Kloos recorded her 600th collegiate kill in the match.
Jefferson travels to conference foe Post on Saturday, October 12 at 2 p.m.