LAKEWOOD, N.J. – The Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) volleyball team (7-6, 2-2 CACC) fell at Georgian Court (10-4, 3-1 CACC) in a conference contest on Saturday.
The Lions tallied the first three points of the match for an early lead. With the score 9-7, GCU increased their advantage with a 9-2 run. Georgian Court went on to take the opening set, 25-15. Down 4-0 in the second, the Rams went on a roll for five straight points. However, the Lions responded with a 13-0 rally for a 17-5 lead. They would win the frame, 25-13.
The score was tied at two early in the third before Jefferson reeled off five consecutive points for the lead. Georgian Court climbed back within one (15-14) but the Rams pulled away with five points in a row and would claim the stanza, 25-17.
Jefferson held a 9-6 advantage in the fourth before GCU started a 6-0 run for a three-point lead. The Rams came within two (16-14) but the Lions responded with another 6-0 rally. Jefferson never recovered and dropped the set, 25-18.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Junior Abigail Kress posted a team-high 10 kills, two service aces, six digs and five blocks.
- Junior Logan Dontell and senior Ariana Rosario each tallied seven kills. Dontell added seven blocks.
- Sophomore Molly Hand accumulated 30 assists and 10 digs.
- Senior Alexis Leddy chipped in with 17 digs.
- Kress recorded her 600th career kill in the match.
Jefferson begins October at home versus Wilmington (Del.) on Wednesday, October 2 at 6 p.m.