NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Sophomore Alexander Gorton of the Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) men's basketball team was named the CACC Co-Player of the Week. The news was announced by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference on Monday afternoon.
The men went 1-1 over the selection period. The Rams suffered an 85-73 loss at Goldey-Beacom (Dec. 19) and bounced back for an 86-81 win versus Molloy (Dec. 29).
ALEXANDER GORTON – CACC CO-PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Gorton led the team in scoring with 21.5 points over the two contests. He recorded 17 points, with a trio of three-pointers, three rebounds, one assist and one steal at Goldey-Beacom. The sophomore followed with a 26-point performance versus Molloy on 8-of-17 shooting and 10-of-11 at the foul line. Gorton added five rebounds, one assist and one steal. It was the fifth 25-point performance of his career and the 12th time he went over 20 points.
MEN'S BASKETBALL CACC WEEKLY AWARDS IN 2018
- CACC Co-Player of the Week – December 31
- CACC Defensive Player of the Week – November 12
- CACC Rookie of the Week – November 26
- CACC Honor Roll – December 17
- CACC Honor Roll – December 10
- CACC Honor Roll – November 26
- CACC Honor Roll – November 19
- CACC Honor Roll – November 12