NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Junior Jack Galligan of the Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) baseball team was named a CACC Co-Pitcher of the Week. The news was announced by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference office.
JACK GALLIGAN – CACC CO-PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Galligan tossed a two-hit, complete game shutout to defeat Chestnut Hill in a 2-0 win. He walked just one batter while striking out five. Galligan sat down the first six Griffins he faced before an error gave Chestnut Hill its first baserunner to start the third. With two runners on after a one-out walk, Galligan retired the next two batters to end the frame. The Griffins got their first hit with an infield single in the fourth. Galligan allowed just one baserunner in the final three innings en route to the two-hitter.
- Tuesday vs. Chestnut Hill (DH): 4-for-6, HR, BB, 4 RBI, 3 R
- Friday at Chestnut Hill (DH): 1-for-5, 2B, RBI, 3 R
- Saturday at Bloomfield (DH): 5-for-7, RBI, 2 R
BASEBALL CACC WEEKLY AWARDS IN 2019
- CACC Player of the Week – March 18
- CACC Co-Pitcher of the Week – April 15
- CACC Honor Roll – April 15
- CACC Honor Roll – April 2
- CACC Honor Roll – March 25
- CACC Honor Roll – March 11